|Abruzzo Province of Teramo Castilenti|
Province of Teramo, Abruzzo, Italy
The small centre, situated along the North bank of the river Fino, was in antiquity under the influence of the Sabines and later of the Roman colony HCastilentia. It is typical for the"pinciare", poor country huts made with earth and hay, which can still be seen in the fields around the village. In August the national literary award "Luigi Antonelli" takes place here.
Altitude: 270 m a.s.l -- Distance from Teramo: 42 km -- Population: ca. 1600 inhabitants -- Zip code: -- Phone Area Code: -- How to reach it: - buses: from Teramo
- road: Kms 18 from A24
There is a necropolis in nearby Casablanca from the early Iron Age (VI-V century B.C.). In the Roman period one Lentius who owned a villa nearby left his name ("castrum Lentuli") to the village. In the Middle Ages there was a Franciscan monastery on Colle Oliveto. The origins of the present village date back to the late Middle Ages. Then in the XV century the many fights for supremacy between the local families gave way to the rise of the Acquaviva and later Marquis De Sterlich, who owned it till the XVIII century.
Sights & Excursions
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
Events & Festivities
20 August: Feast of San Romualdo
28 August: Feast of the Patron saints Pietro, Antonio and Vittoria
Genealogy, News & Link
|©abruzzo2000 - all rights reserved|