Genealogy Research in Southern Italy
- Associazione Araldica Genealogica Italiana
- Centro di Documentazione Sulle Popolazioni e le Culture Italiane nel Mondo : set up by the Giovanni Agnelli Foundation in 1993, offers three
separate data banks of Italian nationals contained in passenger lists of ships that arrived in New York (1880-1891), Buenos Aires, Argentina (1882-1920)
and Vitoria, Brazil (1858-1899). Click here to go to the search form
- Italian Genealogical Group Home Page
- Important addresses for the Italian Genealogist: Central Vital Record Centers of Italy, State Vital Record Centers, Sections of State Vital Record Centers, Regional Superintendences of the Vital Record Centers, Local History Associations
- Altre Italie : not exactly genealogical, but a wealth of information on this international journal of studies on the peoples of Italian origin in the world - free subscription
- Records in Abruzzo : a most interesting and seminal page at daddezio.com
- Cindy's Italian genealogy links: a comprehensive Helplist connected to Italian Genealogy
- Italgen.com: If you don't know anything about how genealogy search works in Italy
- Welcome to Italy : Information from the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC, USA, with a Bulletin Board and instructions on how to perform your search in Italy
- POINT : Pursuing Our Italian Names Together
- Italian Genealogic and Heraldian Institute
- Italian Surnames : a database with 2836 records
- Postal Codes: Zip Codes Search of Italian Communes
- Italian Search Engine : search by place, province and zip code.
- Korrigan genealogy : includes 210 Italian surnames in a searchable database - Performs genealogy searches in Marche, Emilia Romagna and nearby areas
- Italian Culture A comprehensive Guide to all possible fields connected to Italian Culture by Anthony Parente - your Mining Co.
Italian Genealogy Mailing Lists
- Italian Genealogical Society mailing list: send a message with "subscribe" (without quotes) in the body to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to receive the messages posted as single emails, to email@example.com if you want to receive emails in digest mode.
- COMUNES_OF_ITALY : to subscribe send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org: writing in the body
"SUBSCRIBE COMUNES_OF_ITALY FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME" (without the quotes)
- email@example.com : to subscribe you can just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org writing only "subscribe" in the body of the message
- PIE: to subscribe send an email to email@example.com: in the body of the message write "subscribe pie" if you want to receive the messages posted as single emails, "subscribe pie-digest" if you prefer receiving one big email collecting all messages
- Pinellas Park Public Library: The Entire List of State Offices of Vital Records
- Helpful Hints for Successful Searching: by Maura Petzolt
- NARA: Select Catalog of Immigrant and Passenger Arrivals on Microfilm
- National Archives and Records Administration Genealogy Page
- Social Security Death Index Search Form: The Death Master File (DMF) from the Social Security Administration (SSA) contains over 59.7 million records created from SSA payment records. The current update reflects data up through the end of June 1998. It contains the records of those for whom the lump sum death benefit was paid.
- University of Minnesota Immigration History Research Center : Their genealogical sources can be consulted by all qualified researchers 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Mondays-Fridays, and microfilms bought or borrowed. There is also the possibility to serch through Telnet
- The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints: their vast microfilm collection of family, church and civil records microfilmed can be viewed at the many Family History Centers and online.
- Journal of Online Genealogy: The most recent news and information
General Genealogy Sites
- Rootsweb: large volumes of data available to the online genealogical community at minimal cost and support services to online genealogical activities
- Worldwide Gedcom Service : over 10 million surnames in GEDCOM databases. A GEDCOM database is required for access to the system.
- American National Genealogic Society: Genealogy Online, with its home in Santa Cruz, California, has been helping family researchers since 1994 with a multitude of
free services, created by the public.
- Heritage Quest: a collection of microfilms available for purchase to individuals and organizations, or rental through a membership program.
- Ancestry.com: Database Available for searching - subscription requires
Homepages created by people of Abruzzese descent
- Famiglia De Filippis - Dèlfico
- Sciulli-Abruzzese Heritage Pages
- D'ANGELO / ALTOBELLI from San Vito Chietino
- Abruzzese Center in Vancouver: Circolo Abruzzese, Lega Femminile and Prima. Visit their website to have an idea of what they do to maintain and promote Abruzzese culture.
- Lou Alfano
- Louis Blasiotti
- DeAngelo/Bellone Genealogy Page: Thomas DeAngelo recounts his journey in the discovery of his Italian roots
- FIAMMA from Scoppito, AQ
- Liza di Credico : a first-hand experience
- De Prophetis family : from Palombara (TE)
- Lepore (Civitella del Tronto): Family reunion
- MANGIFESTA/CRISPO Family
- PARIS and other 120 surnames from Celano (AQ)
- PORRECA from Torricella Peligna (CH)
Graphics and html charts
- Genealogy Graphics Collection: wonderfully stylish set, which can be used freely on non-commercial genealogy pages
- Ultimate Family Tree: creates your family tree and documents your research using citation models
- Free HTML Codes: to share your own charts on the web through standard html files
- Ultimate Scrapbook Creator Deluxe: everything you need to turn ordinary photos and images of your memories (including documents, diplomas, keepsakes, letters, etc.) into beautiful and creative memory books.
- Brother Keeper: a Windows genealogy shareware program that will help you organize your family history information and let you print charts and reports
- Genealogia, il primo grogramma gedcom-compatibile in italiano.
- Family Tree-Maker: Three versions with different prices: Family Tree Maker Deluxe 10-CD Set, Family Tree Maker Deluxe 4-CD Set, Family Tree Maker Basic Edition
- Gendesigner: GenDesigner is an easy-to-use application for creating, editing, and distributing family trees. You may include additional text and pictures for each person as well as convert all the chart into html files
- Genealogy Software: a site containing information on genealogy software and comparisons of products
- Books on Italian Genealogy Research
- Nomi cognomi e soprannomi in Italia Centrale:
Mammarella Luigi vol. I e vol II - Borgia
Lists of Links
- Site of Vincent Cardinale
- Genealogy Resources on the Internet : an inventory of Mailing Lists, USENET Newsgroups, anonymous File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Gopher, World Wide Web, Telnet, and E-Mail.
- Surname Resource Center:
a searchable Registry, consisting of over 12,000 surnames links
- Surname Search: a Database with over 20,000 surname links
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet: Over 31,300 links, categorized & cross-referenced, in over 90 categories
- The Genealogical Database Index : this site contains links to all known genealogical databases searchable through the Web - The whole page (over 400kb) lists all surnames for which there is a published database
- Joe's Italian genealogy page: a database of surnames
- Yahoo Listing of General genealogy Sites
- Index of Personal Pages: A searchable list of surnames