Click on your province below to see if the years you need are available for your municipality and province - A new window will open, when you have checked close it and you'll be back here
Make it easy for Italian municipality officials to fulfil you requests:
- state your connection to the person requested, so as to comply with the Italian privacy law, and give the reason for the certificate (citizenship, administrative, research)
- include an envelope with your address possibly already with Italian stamps
- include Italian money to pay for the certificates. Consider about 1500 Lire/1 euro per certificate, plus shipment if you cannot include Italian stamps.
- If there is a Latter Day Saints' Family Center within your reach and you feel at your ease in understanding handwritten Italian, you can order microfilms for the years you need and get started.
- You have planned a trip to Italy, and want to spare some time in the archives: check addresses and opening times for the archive you are interested in, that is the province capital for your municipality. Before going, make a phone call to the archive there to check if your municipality is in that archive or in another, or missing.
- If the municipality was in the Stato della Chiesa, you won't have any Civil Records to search from until after 1870, or your municipality may have changed province during the 20th century, so you'll need another archive.
- It is also possible that the acts for a municipality are kept in the Archive of the previous province (i.e. Acts for Bussi and Popoli, now in the Province of Pescara, are kept in the archive in L'Aquila)