- Interview your relatives, they might have info
- Find the cemetery where your ancestor is buried. A visit to the cemetery may give you the date
- L'Aquila and Province - List of Frazioni and Comuni
- Chieti and Province - List of Frazioni and Comuni
- Pescara and Province - List of Frazioni and Comuni
- Teramo and Province - List of Frazioni and Comuni
>Ask the municipality for a birth extract for a child of your ancestor: You have to give the right date. Since the municipality does not have a form to automatically supply the age of the parents, in the request you'll ask them to please include that too. If you cannot write Italian here is a model form: copy and paste it within your text editor, and make the necessary changes.
Make it easy for Italian municipality officials to fulfil you requests:
- state your connection to the person requested, so as to comply with the Italian privacy law, and give the reason for the certificate (citizenship, administrative, research)
- include an envelope with your address possibly already with Italian stamps
- include Italian money to pay for the certificates. Consider an average of 1500 Lire/1 euro per certificate.